We welcome applications from researchers of any nationality who have a PhD degree and comply with the programme’s mobility rule. If you are considering applying for a SyMeCo fellowship but are uncertain if you are eligible to apply, please get in touch with us. We would be delighted to discuss this further with you.
- Applicants may be of any nationality.
- Applicants must be postdoctoral researchers as per the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA) definition: applicants must have a PhD degree at the call deadline. Applicants who have successfully defended their PhD thesis but have not formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be eligible to apply. The successful defence must take place before the call deadline. Supporting documentation may be requested.
- Applicants must comply with the following mobility rule: they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Ireland for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline. Compulsory national service and/or short stays, such as holidays, are not considered when assessing mobility compliance. In addition, for applicants who applied/are applying for refugee status in Ireland, the time spent in that process will not count as a time resident in Ireland.
- Applicants must have working proficiency in English or be fluent in English. Applicants whose first language is not English may be required to provide evidence of their English proficiency.
- Each applicant can only submit 1 application per call.
- Applicants must agree to the programme’s Terms and Conditions.
Proposal and Application Eligibility
- Applicants must submit a research proposal, and the proposal must:
- align with one of the SyMeCo research themes (Systems, Methods, Context) and the research interests of the proposed supervisor
- have received support from an eligible supervisor
- be based on the SyMeCo proposal template
- be complete and in English
- describe a research project with an implementation period of 2 years and include a planned secondment period
- adhere to the ethical standards applicable to the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions and the SyMeCo programme
- Applications must be submitted via the SyMeCo online application system by the call deadline. Applications submitted after the call deadline will not be considered.
- All application sections and required documentation must be in English and completed.
- Applicants who are at risk/displaced by conflict and might require alternative submission arrangements are encouraged to discuss the support available to them with SyMeCo. In certain circumstances, applications submitted in hard copy may be accepted. However, alternative arrangements must be agreed upon with SyMeCo before the call deadline.